What you will need
- An aeropress
- A paper aeropress filter
- A burr grinder
- A scale
- A timer
- Filtered water
- A stirring device
- A mug or decanter
- Bring your filtered water to a boil
- Thoroughly rinse your paper filter to get rid of paper flavor
- Weigh out 19 grams of whole bean coffee
- Grind the coffee a bit finer than filter drip (or use a grind that suits best for flavor and extraction)
- Use provided funnel to transfer grinds to the aeropress
- Pull water off of the boil, and wait 45 seconds to a minute, or until the water is 200-205 degrees Fahrenheit
- Start your timer, and quickly pour the water into the aeropress until it reaches 270 grams of water (near the top). Place plunger in just enough to seal the top, and keep coffee from dripping through.
- At one minute and 30 seconds, remove the plunger, and stir for five seconds.
- Replace the plunger and slowly push down for about 30 seconds until you hear a hissing sound, don’t push all the way down. There should be moderate resistance while you push down. If it is very difficult to push down, your grind is too fine, if it is very easy, your grind is too coarse
- Open the cap, and push out your filter and grounds for clean-up, and enjoy!